Anyone used the custom maps?

Reviews welcome.
That dickhead in the orange bmw

Henry M140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: xHP gearbox flashing

Post by Henry M140 »

What do you mean by custom maps? The customiseable settings, or the the stage 1-3 OTS maps, or maps from specific tuners?

My car is PPF and as such has very lazy shifting in manual mode to protect the filter. Stupidly or not I opted for xHP and the difference is night and day. Up-shifts are very fast. In 1st I could change at 5.5-6k and still hit rev limiter, but now it feels pretty instant. Makes the car feel one more step closer to a proper M car.

Currently running stage 2. I also changed a few settings in the editor before flashing, namely max revs in D and S mode. (6k and 6.5k as going to 7k for me on this engine is pretty pointless) But I mainly wanted it for manual mode shifting.

One thing to note is that the strategy they use still has soft shifts in manual mode if you are in comfort. Sport is quicker. Sport+, Traction, and DSC OFF are quickest. I've given up on sport and sport+ due to the throttle so if you want quick shifts and hate sport mode its Traction or DSC off.

Have yet to test the shifts in sport with the BMW setting of chassis only.

The flash took 25mins for me using a cable so may be worth hooking up a charger especially if you haven't been using the car much in lockdown.

Dazzles
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Dazzles »

Henry M140 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:39 pm
What do you mean by custom maps? The customiseable settings, or the the stage 1-3 OTS maps, or maps from specific tuners?

My car is PPF and as such has very lazy shifting in manual mode to protect the filter. Stupidly or not I opted for xHP and the difference is night and day. Up-shifts are very fast. In 1st I could change at 5.5-6k and still hit rev limiter, but now it feels pretty instant. Makes the car feel one more step closer to a proper M car.

Currently running stage 2. I also changed a few settings in the editor before flashing, namely max revs in D and S mode. (6k and 6.5k as going to 7k for me on this engine is pretty pointless) But I mainly wanted it for manual mode shifting.

One thing to note is that the strategy they use still has soft shifts in manual mode if you are in comfort. Sport is quicker. Sport+, Traction, and DSC OFF are quickest. I've given up on sport and sport+ due to the throttle so if you want quick shifts and hate sport mode its Traction or DSC off.

Have yet to test the shifts in sport with the BMW setting of chassis only.

The flash took 25mins for me using a cable so may be worth hooking up a charger especially if you haven't been using the car much in lockdown.
Thanks mate, that confirms the youtube videos I've watched on it. A lot cheaper than going to a tuner so i'm gonna go for it.

Dazzles
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Dazzles »

Flashed this in today, very good feel already. This is what a stage 2 flash gives you:
Gear Display in all Modes
- Electronic Torque Limiter removed. Please read our Blog at www.xhpflashtool.com why this is important for Tuned cars!
- Modified shift-points in D/Comfort
- Faster shifting overall
- Throttle blips in M/Sport
- Transmission will use fast shift-mode when DTC or DSC OFF is selected
- Slightly raised max. RPM
- Removed automatic upshifting in M/Sport and M/Sport+
- Map is compatible to cars with and without Sport-Automatic! (SA 2TB) Both variant will achieve the same performance!

Dazzles
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Dazzles »

Like the gear display in drive.

barsj111

Post by barsj111 »

thats pretty cool - always wanted to have a displayed gear in D

nastypoker
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nastypoker »

Dazzles wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 pm
Flashed this in today, very good feel already. This is what a stage 2 flash gives you:
You need to go stage 3 for those downshift blips in sport mode brah!
2016 M135i LCI F20

BMW M Perf LSD - M4 TS+LCA's - BBS CH-R's with 245f & 255r - B12 Pro Kit - Underbody brace - PCW Zorst - Eton/JBL sound - Powerflex sub bushes - Upgraded intercooler - MHD stage 1 + XHP stage 3 - Ceramic'd

Sticky1098

Post by Sticky1098 »

hi all, just bought the maps and flash licences downloaded the app on my phone but won't connect to mhd wifi adaptor anyone had the same thing
:band:

nastypoker
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nastypoker »

Sticky1098 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:27 pm
hi all, just bought the maps and flash licences downloaded the app on my phone but won't connect to mhd wifi adaptor anyone had the same thing
I had a bit of an issue but I just fiddled going into airplane mode, reconnecting to the adapter, restarting the app and some combo of this order worked.
2016 M135i LCI F20

BMW M Perf LSD - M4 TS+LCA's - BBS CH-R's with 245f & 255r - B12 Pro Kit - Underbody brace - PCW Zorst - Eton/JBL sound - Powerflex sub bushes - Upgraded intercooler - MHD stage 1 + XHP stage 3 - Ceramic'd

Sticky1098

Post by Sticky1098 »

when it try's to connect to the server for searching the maps comes up with bad address or something so it can't even get the maps, also even though i put my cars details in then it comes up with the maps but i can't click to install any. i put vin number in 4 to 7 and says not recognised but the maps are there on screen

Dazzles
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Dazzles »

Sounds like it doesn't like the adapter as it isnt reading the vehicle information from it. I have a Thor wifi OBD adapter, works fine mate.

Sticky1098

Post by Sticky1098 »

yeh i've seen them but no stick at moment, the mhd adaptor is supposed to be supported, i'm going to try it on my android tablet besides being bigger more user friendly

Dazzles
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Dazzles »

Sticky1098 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:41 pm
yeh i've seen them but no stick at moment, the mhd adaptor is supposed to be supported, i'm going to try it on my android tablet besides being bigger more user friendly
If you're still struggling mate, there is a facebook page xhp flashtool/xdelete enthusiasts, they're pretty helpful.

Sticky1098

Post by Sticky1098 »

i've just downloaded an updated chrome browser so will see if that helps, after i had emailed xhp they were quick to get back so good communication there

Sticky1098

Post by Sticky1098 »

hi folks i've managed to get it done, all it was is the chrome browser out of date once it had been updated went through a charm, so now put stage 3 on, although i only went for short drive tonight it was might and day, much smoother gear changes and tv matching on downshifts

Return to “Engine Remapping/Tuning/Chipping”