EGR cooler recall - safety implications?

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, Lambster, marco_polo

NickCardiff

Re: EGR cooler recall - safety implications?

Post by NickCardiff » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Jamie_1 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:38 pm
NickCardiff wrote:Boom!

I’ve been stuck in a Nissan Gashqai the last 3 weekend, kicked off yesterday and I’ve now been put in a BMW UK 320D Shadow Edition until my car is all sorted! Will make the next 12 weeks plus a lot more enjoyable :)
Nice! Had a 118d m shadow edition for the last 3 days, just picked up a Mokka thing from enterprise! Did the 320 come from enterprise or BMW?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I had a Sh*tty Nissan Juke for a day, the Gashqai for 3 weeks all from enterprise. Had a good moan saying it was completely ridiculous putting me in that and they had the 3 series available, it’s only done 1,050 miles and I’ve got it until mine is fixed now.

Apparently they have cars available throughout the week from BMW which go ASAP so it’s worth keeping on at them to see if you can change.

Jamie_1

Post by Jamie_1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

richy27

Post by richy27 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Bmw e90 318d n47.

Hi im new to the forum and really hope i can get some help. I bought the car a few month back and although bodywork is clean the engine was a little rough, as in, you would only think it needed a service. I got it home and carried out the service, i also connect it to delphi and it threw 4 codes which lead to 2 dpf issues, a glow plug issue and exhaust back pressure. I replaced glow plug controller and clean the dpf which cleared the codes and i was happy. A good buy i thought.
After a few days a horrible noise developed like engine ping but more intense, when i lifted the bonnet the inlet manifold had a hole melted straight into the top of it. So i removed it to check the extent of damage and found it was melted/warped badly nearer to the front of the manifold. After a few days reading i figure it was down to faulty egr, as they can fail without codes, so i replaced it. Again no codes The noise was there still but not as bad. As you probably guessed after another day or 2 the manifold had melted again but no codes. Im at a complete loss now, i read up some more and thought it maybe a faulty egr bypass valve but i went to the egr and cooler and it doesnt have the bypass flap or actuator, its like it had been designed out by the manufacturer.

Ive had 2 friend mechanics look it over and they head scratch like me. I cant afford a bmw visit but really dont know where to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Kierownik
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Kierownik » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:45 pm

Probably daft question but are 2013 116d n47t affected? Anywhere I can check if mine is? Thanks
2013 F20 116d M Sport - RED - because reds are the fastest :-D Well mine isn't, stock 116d but damn she's beautiful.

RogerF
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RogerF » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am

Just ype your reg number in here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ on the next page, just click the down arrow next to the check for recall. Takes a few seconds
'63 plate 125d M Sport

Kierownik
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Kierownik » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:40 am

RogerF wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am
Just ype your reg number in here https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ on the next page, just click the down arrow next to the check for recall. Takes a few seconds
Thanks. Looks like it's all good here.
2013 F20 116d M Sport - RED - because reds are the fastest :-D Well mine isn't, stock 116d but damn she's beautiful.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”