Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: F21 Knee Pain

Post by RickN55 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:32 am

BountyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:06 am
RickN55 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:15 am
The ridge of the door handle. I've heard it all now. ImageImage And you mention about posting crap. Image
Do you know my medical history or are you a psychic as well as a know all w*nker ?

:lol:
Attachments
b6277dae24f6576d1dc78f44963a27f3.jpg
b6277dae24f6576d1dc78f44963a27f3.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 236 times
F21 2013 Alpine White M135i ZF8 PWG (Poor mans iDrive, Sun protection package + 20 percent tints, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)

RickN55

Post by RickN55 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:33 am

BountyHunter wrote:
RickN55 wrote:
The ridge of the door handle. I've heard it all now. ImageImage And you mention about posting crap. Image
Is everyone the same size and shape ?

Do you know my medical history or are you a psychic as well as a know all w*nker ?

Due to being 6'5" my seating position puts my knee right up against the solid ridge/lump on f2x door handles

after 10 mins its already uncomfy
after 20 mins I'm in pain
after 30 mins and the pain is pretty bad
Ah yes and that pain is localised right at the point my knee meets the ridge/lump and it causes swelling - that's not a bloody coincidence !!!
One other thing this is coming from someone who due to medical reasons has a high pain tolerance as I live in pain all day every day, so not a snowflake either as you judgementally and obnoxiously suggested.

Interestingly a 4 series with it's identical sports seats and near identical driving position does not cause any knee discomfort for me. But then the door grab handle is flush with the door card armrest on a 4 series. No protruding ridges or lumps.
I've heard some sh*te in my time but the stuff you spout out just takes the biscuit. :lol: You sound like a right fairy.
F21 2013 Alpine White M135i ZF8 PWG (Poor mans iDrive, Sun protection package + 20 percent tints, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm

BountyHunter wrote:
RickN55 wrote:

Due to being 6'5" my seating position puts my knee right up against the solid ridge/lump on f2x door handles

Ah yes and that pain is localised right at the point my knee meets the ridge/lump and it causes swelling - that's not a bloody coincidence !!!
One other thing this is coming from someone who due to medical reasons has a high pain tolerance as I live in pain all day every day, so not a snowflake either as you judgementally and obnoxiously suggested.

Interestingly a 4 series with it's identical sports seats and near identical driving position does not cause any knee discomfort for me. But then the door grab handle is flush with the door card armrest on a 4 series. No protruding ridges or lumps.
Buy a 4 Series then. End of.
Glacier Silver 320d lci M Sport.

RickN55

Post by RickN55 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Octavius wrote:
BountyHunter wrote:
RickN55 wrote:

Buy a 4 Series then. End of.
^ This. Image
If the fairy is in that much "pain" after 30 minutes of driving, why don't they just trade it in for something else? Common sense? For most people yes but seems like Bounty Hunter has an IQ that starts with a decimal point tbh. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BountyHunter
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by BountyHunter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 pm

RickN55 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm
If the fairy is in that much "pain" after 30 minutes of driving, why don't they just trade it in for something else? Common sense? For most people yes but seems like Bounty Hunter has an IQ that starts with a decimal point tbh. ImageImage
So your idea of common sense is to trade in a car thats less than 6 months old, taking a massive financial hit and buy another car where id likely also take a hit. Oh and still you continue with the childish name calling.

This indicates your both a moron and a bully
Not an uncommon mix, but not a pleasant one either. :roll:

I think "the fairy" will continue to use his "tiny IQ" searching for an actual solution to the problem as opposed to taking the Rick loser route and giving in and throw away lots of ££££

RickN55

Post by RickN55 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

BountyHunter wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:38 pm
RickN55 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 pm
So your idea of common sense is to trade in a car thats less than 6 months old, taking a massive financial hit and buy another car where id likely also take a hit. Oh and still you continue with the childish name calling.

This indicates your both a moron and a bully
Not an uncommon mix, but not a pleasant one either. :roll:

I think "the fairy" will continue to use his "tiny IQ" searching for an actual solution to the problem as opposed to taking the Rick loser route and giving in and throw away lots of ££££
Pretty sure it is common sense to trade in 6 months or otherwise if a car is apparently causing you that much pain and discomfort to drive after every 30 minutes as you put it.
Oh and "Moron and a bully"
Hmmm from the one who started throwing the condescending insults in the first place? :roll:
And "the Rick loser route" :lol: :lol: Had to laugh at this one it's so petulant, this is like reading something written by a 5 year old, it's comical honestly.

Henry M140
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Henry M140 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:12 am

Also dislike the driving position. Wheel all the way out is not enough for me. And legs get forces to twist to the right.

Manifests as left leg hamstring discomfort which after a long drive turns into what feels like sciatica. I cannot find a comfortable position for my left leg as it feels twisted, cant let knee rest outwards due to tunnel. Considering removing the footrest so I can stretch it out. Auto so brake pedal is massive and no room to rest foot beside the pedal.
Also had to change driving shoes which have never ever been a problem before due to heel pain.

First (and only) car I ever drove that had me in agony after a 3 hour drive was a BMW due to the seats so not sure why I was so keen to buy one haha.

Anyway just adding my winge to the pile.

One thing I can say having driven a lot of LHD variants, is that they are sooo much better.

MyMlight
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MyMlight » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Just to throw my experience in to the mix:
Last Thursday I did a total of 420 miles (Somerset to Manchester and back) which took approximately 4 hours each way door to door (I got lost in the centre of Manchester on the way up and awful traffic on the way back).
At no time did I consider whether or not I was comfortable, so I guess I must have been.
I’ve done about 32k miles in the last 18 months and have no complaints about the driving position at all.
I just goes to show that this is a very personal thing as no two peoples are the same.
For reference I’m 6’2” 100kg and ‘average proportions’. And I’m no spring chicken either.
I’d be gutted if I found I couldn’t do that sort of mileage on a regular basis, I wouldn’t want to change my car or my job!

2016 M135i Auto

poiuytre111
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by poiuytre111 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 pm

I found using cruise control extensively and moving my foot away from the accel pedal helped fix my knee issue.
2016 116d Sport
2013 X3 Sdrive
2006 Volvo C70 T5

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”