Brake pad sensor reset

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, Lambster, marco_polo

dukee

Brake pad sensor reset

Post by dukee » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:21 pm

I mounted a complete M Sport brake package on my 220 Coupe LCI (-18) and ran a set of track pads for a couple of days. Now when I changed to street pads and connected the brake pad wear sensors I still get the alerts that the brake pads need service.
I erased the fault codes through BootMod but I still get them.

Is there a way to reset the sensors? Like shorten the brake pad wires?

tweeky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Brake pad sensor reset

Post by tweeky » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:10 am

Buy new sensors there a one shot item.
Current 2018 F22 M240i Sunset Orange Black leather with lumber support,Pro Nav, Adaptive LEDs, HK, Sunroof F&R PDC.
Gone 2015 F22 Melbourne Red 220D loaded with many extras.
Gone 2012 E82 Space Grey 118D Sports Plus standard spec.

dukee

Post by dukee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:41 pm

No, that's not the issue here.
Found the reset procedure on Youtube which solved it. Guess maybe this was a too technical question for this forum.

maverick83
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by maverick83 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Why so friendly??
2013 M135i

mckeann

Post by mckeann » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: How to win friends and influence people

maverick83
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by maverick83 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Asking a community of people something you don’t know the answer to and then insult them when you find it after doing a bit of searching yourself... Priceless
2013 M135i

Simon Site Manager
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Simon Site Manager » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Classic, I literally LOL when I saw this :-)
'17 M140i Estoril Blue Most of the toys

dukee

Post by dukee » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm sorry if I came out as rude. But IMHO what kills forums is that people don't read the question and then give a reply that is clearly wrong! I simply asked "Is there a way to reset the sensors? Like shorten the brake pad wires?"
And got the reply to buy new sensors! Either the person cannot read or the person don't know the answer but decides to answer it anyway.

Now, if the biggest issue you guys have with this is my attitude towards been given a clearly wrong answer I say good luck to you :lol:

And to answer my own question, if this pops up in a future search for anyone, YES you can, and need, to reset the pad sensor warnings after they have been triggered. This is not solved by new sensors.
1. Turn on the ignition with the door closed
2. Press and hold the reset button in the cluster
3. The service meny appears. Press the button to cycle to what you want to reset
4. Press and hold until the reset question appears.
5. Press and hold until reset is done.

Now I've made my contribution to the forum.

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Brake pad sensor reset

Post by Twenny » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm

dukee wrote:I'm sorry if I came out as rude. But IMHO what kills forums is that people don't read the question and then give a reply that is clearly wrong! I simply asked "Is there a way to reset the sensors? Like shorten the brake pad wires?"
And got the reply to buy new sensors! Either the person cannot read or the person don't know the answer but decides to answer it anyway.

Now, if the biggest issue you guys have with this is my attitude towards been given a clearly wrong answer I say good luck to you :lol:

And to answer my own question, if this pops up in a future search for anyone, YES you can, and need, to reset the pad sensor warnings after they have been triggered. This is not solved by new sensors.
3. The service meny appears. Press the button to cycle to what you want to reset

No what kills forums are twats like you. Luckily we only have to deal with morons like you once or twice a year.

Thanks for the contribution, you have now become the third twat this year breaking last years record for muppets with no tact, manners, or intellect.

Bravo son bravo

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+Strut+intake+skirts+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-M135i front brakes-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

dukee

Post by dukee » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Twenny wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm
dukee wrote:I'm sorry if I came out as rude. But IMHO what kills forums is that people don't read the question and then give a reply that is clearly wrong! I simply asked "Is there a way to reset the sensors? Like shorten the brake pad wires?"

No what kills forums are twats like you. Luckily we only have to deal with morons like you once or twice a year.

Thanks for the contribution, you have now become the third twat this year breaking last years record for muppets with no tact, manners, or intellect.

Bravo son bravo
Now that is some seriously disrespectful language for simply not praising wrongful information and instead offers actual information about how to solve an issue.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”