Cup 2 Tyres unavailable?

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

OzBMR
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Cup 2 Tyres unavailable?

Post by OzBMR »

If they're available where you are Hankook Z221 could work 235/40/18 front and 245/40/18 rear in soft or medium compound? These are super fast tarmac tyres.
2016 M140i LCI Auto Mineral Grey
11.5@121mph MHD 95/102 OTS with E30 fuel blend
xHP Stage 3 Gearbox Tune

Rustle
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rustle »

My opinion:

Best road tyre and wet track day tyre - the bog standard PS4. Better wet grip than the ad08r (which has just changed compound and is rubbish) comfortable and so so grippy in the wet - run these on my 130i track car as my wet tyre.

Best do it all tyre - the PS4S. Run these on my Lexus ISF and they have kept it in check through winter. Surprisingly good wet grip for what is a summer performance tyre Haven’t tried them on track yet.

Cup2’s - great summer tyre and good track tyre, but sh*t in the cold and wet. These are my dry track day tyres for the 130i. We all know how good they are, but limited range over a typical Uk year. I’m going to try AR1’s next time for outright pace.

R888/R unsuitable for our cars as too heavy. Great initial grip but no longevity due to weight of the car and overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E87 '05 130i; BMWP Brakes, intake, & exhaust. birds arb's, quaife, meister R coilovers, m3 lca, goodridge lines, oz Ultraleggera and 595 RSR's.

trebor
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by trebor »

RichW wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 am
What is the obsession with Michelin tyres on the BMW cars?

Coming from the Jap scene we all ran semi-slicks such as AD08R or R888R :)
Speaking of which, I drove my Evo V for the first time since Feb yesterday, on Yoko AD08R's. Previously had a set of A048's but found those too track focused and not great in real world driving unless dry! AD08R's are the perfect tyre for the Evo.

unsure what to go for on the 140 when the Michelin's need replacing, but AD08R are in with a shout if available in the sizes required. I have a set of winter wheels so not worried about the worst weather.
Estoril Blue M140i Shadow Edition 5-dr Auto, Black Leather & High Gloss interior
Adaptive Suspension & LED Headlights, Media/Nav Pro, Folding Mirrors, Front & Rear PDC, Rear Camera, Heated Seats
Blackvue Dashcam & RoadAngel Pure

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”