NBT Spotify

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

J306TD

NBT Spotify

Post by J306TD »

I have coded EBT. Following guides on here. Now when I come to play Spotify via USB in centre console. It doesn't work picture below shows that phone is connected. Spotify is playing on the phone. I'm at a loss as what to do nextImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MrDerv
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: NBT Spotify

Post by MrDerv »

It has to play over Bluetooth. Won't work via USB on android as it shows up as storage
2008 BMW 120D E82 Coupe

J306TD

Post by J306TD »

MrDerv wrote:It has to play over Bluetooth. Won't work via USB on android as it shows up as storage
Oh that's a bit daft setup. Until Apple make an iPhone with a screen thats the same as Samsung I won't be changing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MrDerv
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MrDerv »

Not necessarily, once you are connected via bluetooth, just set the phone away playing, and you can skip tracks using the MFSW or buttons on the headunit. Works rather well, and if EBT is enabled, it should show the track/artist info on your display

Apple are the only ones that have the ability to send audio through their connector as far as I know. Android devices only show as mass storage, so it will only show MP3 files you have saved on your phone. Only exception to this is headunits/phones that support Android Auto where it can mirror on screen what your phone is showing, which brings the audio over the USB data connection. Same with Apple Carplay.
2008 BMW 120D E82 Coupe

Return to “Coding/Software”