Baby BMW Forum banner

FSCMap Apple CarPlay - anyone used it?

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Bluetoooth 
#1 ·
This seems like a pretty idiot proof way of installing Apple CarPlay and I think it works similarly to more expensive remote coding alternatives. Has anybody tried it out?

About to try it out and would feel better if I knew others had some success with it!

#3 ·
M140iGuy said:
TN89A said:
This seems like a pretty idiot proof way of installing Apple CarPlay and I think it works similarly to more expensive remote coding alternatives. Has anybody tried it out?

About to try it out and would feel better if I knew others had some success with it!

They are the go-to guys for this sort of stuff. I used them to make my CarPlay full screen.

Just remember not to let the dealership update your car with this method of CarPlay activation enabled as it will corrupt your iDrive software.
Any idea how to revert back to stock prior to a service etc. in that case? And if it can be reinstalled if wiped by the dealer?

#4 ·
TN89A said:
M140iGuy said:
TN89A said:

They are the go-to guys for this sort of stuff. I used them to make my CarPlay full screen.

Just remember not to let the dealership update your car with this method of CarPlay activation enabled as it will corrupt your iDrive software.
Any idea how to revert back to stock prior to a service etc. in that case? And if it can be reinstalled if wiped by the dealer?
Not sure how it works these days now that BMW have blocked USB coding. Just drop the guys at fscmap a message. They are usually quick to reply.;

#5 ·
Just be careful coding like this now. BMW will rape you if you need anything repaired or replaced that requires any coding whatsoever. If any of the original firmware is corrupted they will say you need a new head unit at a cost of well over £1K

#6 ·
Octavius said:
Just be careful coding like this now. BMW will rape you if you need anything repaired or replaced that requires any coding whatsoever. If any of the original firmware is corrupted they will say you need a new head unit at a cost of well over £1K
This is the bit I'm struggling to understand, I know it's installed using a load of fake FSC codes so I'm not sure how easy it is to reverse and what the downsides would be if BMW wanted to do an update. Can I also never update iDrive ever again if I get CarPlay as I'll have dodgy FSC codes?! I'm not convinced it's worth the potential hassle!

#7 ·
TN89A said:
Octavius said:
This is the bit I'm struggling to understand, I know it's installed using a load of fake FSC codes so I'm not sure how easy it is to reverse and what the downsides would be if BMW wanted to do an update. Can I also never update iDrive ever again if I get CarPlay as I'll have dodgy FSC codes?! I'm not convinced it's worth the potential hassle!
Most solutions allow for a backup to be taken first so you can restore to default before taking the car in for service work, but not all of them do. It's a case of do it at your own risk but if you do your homework you'll be fine.
Full screen mode doesn't need anything backed up as that doesn't use any fake or real FSC codes. Just the CarPlay activation itself.

#15 ·
I'm being totally anal here, but its cars over £40000 "list price".

My dealer failed to inform me when I purchased my car for around £34k and only realised that I would be paying £320 + £145 for road tax for the next 5 years. My fault I guess for not checking and I would have bought it anyway, but still sucks.

TN89A said:
Frustrating, I'd happily have specced it if it weren't such an expensive option and we didn't have the huge tax increase for cars costing £40,001!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.