Coding FAQ

E and F series coding & Diagnostics, performed on site and remotely.
Cable sales -- Loan cables – Cruise control retrofit options for all 1 & 2 series cars.
Coding options for all BMW cars and competitive prices.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, BRDiagnostics

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Coding FAQ

Post by Wibbles » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

These are some of the questions I get asked frequently, I will update this post as required. If you have a question, post below and I will do my best to answer in a prompt manner.
  • What is coding? - Coding is changing either specific parameters such as chimes, lights, graphics or adding functionality where additional hardware is added, such as xenon lights, idrive installs.
  • Will coding affect my warranty? - potentially, yes. Any modification to your car could be seen by BMW and they may refuse a warranty claim. In practice this is unlikely but still possible.
  • What happens if BMW update the software on my car? - if they update any module that has been coded, all coding will be lost - I recode for free for the lifetime you own the car.
  • What coding options are available for my car? - this is dependant on the options fitted to your car, email me at: enquiries@brdiagnostics.co.uk - send me the last 7 digits of your VIN and we can discuss coding options.
  • Will coding damage my car? - No, as long as it is done correctly - I have many satisfied customers and will always ensure the job is done to your satisfaction. Where I cannot complete a job then a refund will be issued
  • can you retrofit XYZ to my car?- Potentially yes, there are many factors depending on the retrofit you want to do, email me with your request and I will discuss the options with you.
  • Why should I use you over Carly/Bimmercode? - Both are good apps but they do not offer a hard link to the car and therefore there is a chance that the connection will be lost, causing an ECU to be corrupted. Both apps are limited by what they can do, retrofit coding is not possible.
  • What do I need to have the coding done? - A windows laptop and coding cable - I sell or rent out cables for F series cars - E series cars require a diffent cable and I can point you to reliable vendor of those cables.
  • Can you code other cars? - All BMW models remotely going back to around 2001, All Mini models, i3,i8 & Rolls Royce.
Apple Carplay - £99 - BabyBMW Special offer!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

jbragg1978

Re: Coding FAQ

Post by jbragg1978 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:20 am

Just wanted to say Craig did a fantastic job coding my m140i. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Return to “BR Diagnostics & Retrofits”