heated seat retro fit?

E and F series coding & Diagnostics, performed on site and remotely.
Cable sales -- Loan cables – Cruise control retrofit options for all 1 & 2 series cars.
Coding options for all BMW cars and competitive prices.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, BRDiagnostics

st3v3

heated seat retro fit?

Post by st3v3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 am

Hi wibbles,
Ive recently had a quote from you on a retrofit cruise control-Thanks its a good price and will be in touch about this alone.

Now I need another quote from you, if you do it at all and that's retro fitting heated seats in to my Dakota red leather seats to my 67plated M240I
According to the VIN I don't have them and according to the BMW dealer I have no heating element pads so I reckon its going to be a full monty retro fit.
either pm me of put the price up on here, I don't mind either way.

Thanks
steve

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: heated seat retro fit?

Post by Wibbles » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:40 pm

st3v3 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 am
Hi wibbles,
Ive recently had a quote from you on a retrofit cruise control-Thanks its a good price and will be in touch about this alone.

Now I need another quote from you, if you do it at all and that's retro fitting heated seats in to my Dakota red leather seats to my 67plated M240I
According to the VIN I don't have them and according to the BMW dealer I have no heating element pads so I reckon its going to be a full monty retro fit.
either pm me of put the price up on here, I don't mind either way.

Thanks
steve
Hi Steve,

I'd have to look into that but I suspect if the element pads are available as a retrofit then I wouldnt want to do that retrofit - the reason being I am not able to take a seat apart to fit the elements.

If you got some 2nd hand seats with the elements then that is possible, I have the correct heater controls with heated seat buttons in stock as it happens.

Cheers

Craig
BR Diagnostics & Retrofits
Apple Carplay - ONLY £89 - BabyBMW Special offer!
FULL SCREEN CARPLAY NOW AVAILABLE!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

st3v3

Post by st3v3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:03 pm

ok matey, take a look see what you think, if its a no go then so be it and i'll thank you for being honest

Jamesno1
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jamesno1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:45 am

Does the wiring loom already have the connections to accommodate heated seats? Therefore does that mean you'd only need heated seats, control panel with switches and coding?

If so I might be up for doing this with my 320
M135i

Anders351

Post by Anders351 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 am

Hi how did you get on with the heated seats as I’m looking for ways to do this thanks

Barney McGrew
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Barney McGrew » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 am

Anders351 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 am
Hi how did you get on with the heated seats as I’m looking for ways to do this thanks
It's not ideal for some but if retro-fit isn't an option I got one of these last year and so far it's been brilliant:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KINGLETING-Cus ... B01LEPPUMM

Second winter of use and still going strong - actually heats up quicker than standard seats and the temperature is more controllable. Some may not like the look but I have black seats and it's barely noticeable as it fits in with the seats really well. I take it off in spring and then all good again until Autumn.

Just an option if you have no other choice and fed up with the cold seats at this time of year.

Return to “BR Diagnostics & Retrofits”