M235i Gran Coupe ordered....anyone else yet?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe F44 (2019-)
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196, Producethis

Pubbie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: M235i Gran Coupe ordered....anyone else yet?

Post by Pubbie »

RichT001 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 am
Pubbie wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 am
The idea that the British media is some kind of incorruptible bastion of truth is a sick joke.
And, yet, look how the media is able to bring the country to its knees in such a short period of time. Scary, isn’t it?
Yep. Utterly controlled. Independent, critical thinking taken outside and shot. And an awful lot of people like it that way, too.

Tonypenk

Post by Tonypenk »

How long have your guys been at port in uk? Dealer told me mine arrived friday 06/03/20 in uk. He has said it will only be ready with them around the 24th ? Just over 1 week to build and ship to uk then a grinding halt once it gets to the uk.

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

Tonypenk wrote:How long have your guys been at port in uk? Dealer told me mine arrived friday 06/03/20 in uk. He has said it will only be ready with them around the 24th ? Just over 1 week to build and ship to uk then a grinding halt once it gets to the uk.
I think it’s all very random - ours is scheduled for build this week with delivery early April so I thought I’d check with Genius on Sat and apparently it’s built awaiting release from factory (or something like that)

raph135

Post by raph135 »

My car is sat at the factory too, it’s been built over a week. Delivery has been pushed back to week commencing 23/3

evo6

Post by evo6 »

My car is 6 days early. I just got my reg number :)

50pence
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by 50pence »

Pubbie wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:09 pm
RichT001 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 am
Pubbie wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 am
The idea that the British media is some kind of incorruptible bastion of truth is a sick joke.
And, yet, look how the media is able to bring the country to its knees in such a short period of time. Scary, isn’t it?
Yep. Utterly controlled. Independent, critical thinking taken outside and shot. And an awful lot of people like it that way, too.
Yes, we have totally unbalanced news reporting, the broadcast media is the worst, too much focus on the bad news means that what's reported become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Corona virus - are they reporting that in China with just over 80,000 people infected, 0.006% of the population, the total is not growing, fewer people are becoming infected daily and accounting for recoveries, there are one third of the number of people infected today in China than in mid February?

No all we are told is that it's nothing but doom and gloom.

--
F20 M135i LCi, auto, adaptive suspension, adaptive LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, c/pack, elec folding mirrors etc
F55 Mini Cooper, man, LED h/l + HB assist, h/seats, head-up display, active cruise, XL nav, elec folding mirrors etc

Tonypenk

Post by Tonypenk »

Well I have my V5 document, registration number and the car was taxed last week. The only thing i don't have is the actual car as it's still at Hull waiting to be delivered to dealer ????

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

Tonypenk wrote:Well I have my V5 document, registration number and the car was taxed last week. The only thing i don't have is the actual car as it's still at Hull waiting to be delivered to dealer ????
That’s umm interesting but I remember reading on another thread from TRL that BMW dealers can have car PDId at the port - I’ve always known it happening at dealers with recent non BMW cars

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

Couple of you may have picked up the car over last couple of days - love to hear your thoughts on the car

Tonypenk

Post by Tonypenk »

Well picked the car up. Current state of affairs has put a dampener on it but as for the fake noise complaints from the straight six benders, all I can say my missus knows nothing about cars my son does (23) and both said you can hear it from a long way off.

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

Just out of interest how many managed to pick their cars up before lockdown or even now that deliveries or click and collect is available?

I know Spud1 and Tonypenk have - anyone else? Any further thoughts on the car?

evo6

Post by evo6 »

Korky wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:20 pm
Just out of interest how many managed to pick their cars up before lockdown or even now that deliveries or click and collect is available?

Mine was supposed to arrive on the 27th March :(.

They are making me pay half of the ved increase from April because my car was not taxed in March. The dealer did not tax it because they did not know when they were going to get paid for the car.

My car is currently sat in Humber. I got all the papar work sorted on friday for the VED increase so i supsect my car should hopefully be coming end of next week, with any luck!

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

evo6 wrote:
Korky wrote:

They are making me pay half of the ved increase from April because my car was not taxed in March. The dealer did not tax it because they did not know when they were going to get paid for the car.

My car is currently sat in Humber. I got all the papar work sorted on friday for the VED increase so i supsect my car should hopefully be coming end of next week, with any luck!
Rest of deal all the same? If you don’t mind me asking did you buy on PcP and if so did they keep the deposit contribution as £1,500 as it’s now only £600.

We were due to pick up 24th all was in motion but then lockdown - car wasn’t registered

evo6

Post by evo6 »

Korky wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:08 pm
evo6 wrote:
Korky wrote:

Rest of deal all the same? If you don’t mind me asking did you buy on PcP and if so did they keep the deposit contribution as £1,500 as it’s now only £600.

We were due to pick up 24th all was in motion but then lockdown - car wasn’t registered
Mine is on a lease mate. Rest of the deal is VED the same, just the ved increase. I had two options, pay it or cancel it with my processing fee back. i just took the hit because i really want the car. Ended up costing me a extra £400 in total.

Korky
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Korky »

evo6 wrote:
Korky wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:08 pm
evo6 wrote: Mine was supposed to arrive on the 27th March :(.

Mine is on a lease mate. Rest of the deal is VED the same, just the ved increase. I had two options, pay it or cancel it with my processing fee back. i just took the hit because i really want the car. Ended up costing me a extra £400 in total.

Return to “F44, F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”