Ride with the M Sport suspension deletion option

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

TBH1

Ride with the M Sport suspension deletion option

Post by TBH1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:42 am

I am looking at the various ex-demo and pre-owned options and (as mentioned in another thread) my preference is for a Luxury, but subject to the fact that having driven one I did not find the seats that comfortable and may prefer the Sport seat (yet to be established).

From what I can see many of the best equipped cars at relatively competitive prices are M Sport models. I had ruled them out on the basis that I am not looking for a sporty hard ride, but there is one car which has caught my eye which comes well loaded with a lot of the extras I am looking for, and is an M Sport with the M Sport suspension deletion option. I am wondering whether with that option the car would give the softer ride that I would prefer. In fact, with the M Sport suspension deletion option, will the ride actually be any different from an M Sport model ?

I should also add that a very specific reason why I want to buy a 2AT is because of the high ride. Will an M Sport with the M Sport suspension deletion option lower the ride and make it more like a normal car ?

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Ride with the M Sport suspension deletion option

Post by marco_polo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 am

Yes, that should suit you nicely. 'M Sport Delete' gives you the less jarring Luxury suspension (and ride height).
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

TBH1

Post by TBH1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for the (customary) quick and helpful response :) . A follow up if I may:

We live in an area full of speed bumps and tables which do terrible things to anything with a slightly low undercarriage or a body front that has a lowered area under the front end. Is the front end of the body any lower on an M Sport than on a Luxury ?

Are the seats in the M Sport the same as in the regular Sport ?

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:08 pm

M Sport bumper isn't significantly lower, they share the same engine under tray, etc.

Unsure if Sport and M Sport seats are identical, but I suspect so.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 am

I think you are crazy as I found sports suspension ok even on gravel roads.
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

TBH1

Post by TBH1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 am

Kiwi wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 am
I am used to a gentle saloon car style ride and I drive only on London roads in an area which has multiple (and quite vicious) speed bumps and tables, and plenty of pot holes also. I drive to get from A to B, not for the thrill of the ride, and am therefore looking for something that will get me around in the comfort to which I am used.

I am not clear how that makes me crazy, especially when I have been advised in another thread that driving an M Sport as a test drive would not give me a representative view of what it would be like to drive a 2AT Luxury model.

Kiwi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Kiwi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

You need Back To The Future hover board.

We have speed bumps every where and unless you don't want to slow down which is the reason for the speed bumps then go for 15" wheels with heaps of tyre side walls. Even standard BMW suspension will not produce the Lazy Boy Seat experience you desire. :mrgreen: Try an American car as they are soft all round :lol:

TBH1 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 am
Kiwi wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 am
I am used to a gentle saloon car style ride and I drive only on London roads in an area which has multiple (and quite vicious) speed bumps and tables, and plenty of pot holes also. I drive to get from A to B, not for the thrill of the ride, and am therefore looking for something that will get me around in the comfort to which I am used.

I am not clear how that makes me crazy, especially when I have been advised in another thread that driving an M Sport as a test drive would not give me a representative view of what it would be like to drive a 2AT Luxury model.
2016 BMW 225xe M Sport Mineral White
2015 BMW 220i M Sport Convertible Black Sapphire

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”